How to be Fit Before You Trek
Trekking is not as hard as people make it out to be. There are a lot of people who actually enjoy this a lot as long as they know how to walk properly. One thing is for sure – it would involve a lot of walking around. It is ideal if you have the proper stamina to start trekking otherwise, you may think that it is an unpleasant experience overall.
People who make sure to get some physical activities from time to time may be fit to trek. Most people however, are too busy working in front of their computers. They barely have time to exercise. The food they eat is not necessarily the healthiest food available too. If it has been a while since you made the effort to exercise, you can look for a treadmill mat. This will allow you to do cardiovascular exercises that will truly improve the condition of your body.
These are some of the other things you can do to help improve your fitness level:
- Remember that it is never too early to start. What if the trek is still 6 months away? This does not give you an excuse to just start training at the very last minute. You need to improve your fitness level from the time that you have planned to do the trek. Give your body time to adjust to the demands that the trek will require.
- You need to find the right footwear. Who says that you can just use any footwear that you desire? This may be the right type for you to use. You need to find hiking shoes that can provide extra protection. Some shoes would need to be broken-in before they can be used. Wearing footwear that will cause you pain will surely have an effect on your trek.
- You need to improve the overall strength of your legs. You are going to use your legs a lot when you go trekking. You can do some walking training prior to starting your trek so that you can be stronger. You can also do squats and lunges. These exercises will make a huge difference.
- When you try walking up and down your stairs, wear your backpack. This will give you an idea how heavy your pack is going to be. At the same time, you are allowing your body to get used to the extra weight of your backpack so your trek will be easy.
- Try to eat healthy. A lot of people do not want to bother with eating healthy food because they feel that they do not need it. Eating healthy can make a huge difference on the amount of nutrients and vitamins that your body has. The healthier your meals are, the stronger you will become. You can plan your meals depending on your current weight and your body type. You can also seek the help of nutritionists to be sure.
With all of these things in mind, you can be prepared to take the trek. You will be surprised with how easy it can be when you are prepared.