Those who’ve shifted homes know how hard it is to pack and unpack stuff. Changing home is exhausting, but imagine how hectic and nerve-racking would be moving out and into a country. It is easy to visit a new country but moving into one is a job in its self especially when you are leaving the United States to go to Australia. However, you should not worry about the move because it is a learning experience for you. Therefore, to give you a brief glimpse of the Australian lifestyle here is how life in Australia differs from the one in the American States:
How Australia and America are different:
- Australians drive their car on the left side of the road. Additionally, mmost automobiles have the steering wheel on the right side of the car, which is opposite from that of the United States.
- Due to the strict driving rules in Australia, wearing a seatbelt is compulsory for every person in the car and not just the driver.
- When it comes to sport, there is no baseball in Australia, only cricket.
- The drinking age is eighteen.
- Christmas time in Australia is hot because the winter season comprises of the three months of June, July, and August.
- When compared to the USA, the three coldest months of the year namely December, January, and February are the hottest months in Australia.
- The famous fast food franchise Burger King is Hungry Jack’s in Australia and McDonald’s is more commonly known as Macca’s.
- Australia uses the metric system of measuring things and not the imperial system like the USA. So, you must learn to replace meters with yards, Celsius with Fahrenheit, liters with gallons, and kilograms with pounds.
- The animals such as the birds and the bugs are more exotic in Australia than the ones found in America.
- The minimum wage rate in Australia is higher than in the USA, which excludes the option of tipping while you are out for a meal.
- The prices in stores include Therefore, you do not have to use your energy doing mundane and unnecessary calculations.
- Australian language is different from the American way of speaking because the former like to shorten their words and use language variations often. So be prepared to say boot instead of trunk and petrol instead of gas.
Apart from the noticeable differences, Australia and America are similar in various ways. So, put your mind at ease and embrace the change.
To help you settle better in Australia, we have got something for you.
Best Removal Service in Western Australia:
While shifting places, a person must be attentive and mindful of everything especially when it comes to packing their belongings. Like many Americans, if you are moving to Western Australia for your convenience we present you with the Australian equivalent of U-Haul known as The Emmanuel Transport. This removal service functions in the capital of Western Australia which is Perth. This company is the best in the removal business, and the rates are affordable too. It does not matter if you are moving from one apartment to another or plan to shift into a mansion when it comes to Perth Removalists, the Emmanuel Transport is a perfect choice. You won’t have to worry about the furniture getting damaged because The Emmanuel Transport will handle your belonging with utmost care and caution.
Moreover, there’s no depot to depot charge, and the move will be fully insured. The Emmanuel Transport offers courier services too which makes sure that your things arrive safely and on time. In addition to that, you can use their services for office relocations too. It does not matter if the move is residential or commercial, The Emmanuel Transport will provide you with an excellent service.…