Tips for Traveling with Pets
Pets are very much a part of our lives. They are our friends and companions and for many of us, they are our family members. There are different types of pets that people can keep, from feathery friends and pets with scales, to furry friends. The furry friends are the most common and mostly comprise of dogs and cats, probably the most intelligent of the lot. When people move to new cities or countries, they take their pets along with them. Depending on the rules and regulations of where they are moving, there could be different requirements. We will not look at that for now but will instead focus on some tips for travelling with pets.
Comfort is of utmost importance when travelling with pets. They are animals that are used to routines and one of those is bed and relaxing, in specific places. We need to ensure that they have a comfortable place where they can relax and sleep. Many people carry Velcro for their comfort.
A collapsible bowl is important for the pet and should always be ready, and especially if you’re a frequent traveler. Ensure that the bowl is light and easy to carry.
You won’t always have the opportunity to pull over so that your pet can go potty and they might not be able to hold their pee and poop long enough. Many travel points like airports have relief areas for pets but easy to clean pads are still important to bring along.
The pets are bound to get bored during travel and this can make them become disruptive and destructive. This means coming up with mind games that will keep the pets busy, such as placing goodies in dog toys to keep her busy. A good tip is to teach the peta command word associated with their toy so that when you mention it, the pet will associate it with food or reward.
Automatic Cat Feeders for Wet Food Reviews
Still on the issue of pets, we are now going to review the best automatic cat feeder for wet food that can be found on the market. Cat owners will agree that there are many cat feeders on the market and determining the best ones can be a headache. This article will make it easier.
Tdynasty design automatic pet feeder
This is a cat feeder that can also work for dry foods and comes with suitable features that make it worth the price. It features five compartments that can each carry one cup of food, and can be programmed for up to four meals at a convenient schedule. It is an airtight cat feeder, ensuring that refrigerated food can remain fresh for up to 12 hours, and 24 hours if the food was frozen. One can record a message for their cat, that can play thrice during feeding time. You can set up meal times and move on to other things, thanks to the LCD display. It’s powered by a DC adapter and has a backup option. It comes with a one-year warranty.
- Easy to set up and use
- Tight latching mechanism keeps food secure
- Keeps wet food fresh
- Record personal messages for cats
- Works for dry and wet foods
- Power backup option
- Retains programmed feeding schedule after power interruptions
- Easy to disassemble, clean and assemble
- Doesn’t have inbuilt ice packs
- Can only schedule 4 meals
- Requires food to be frozen for it to last longer
Cat Mate C500
This automatic cat feeder features two inbuilt ice packs that ensure that food is fresh for longer. It also comes with five easy to dissemble, clean and assemble compartments, meaning that one can program up to five meals that can be scheduled as per normal feeding times thanks to the digital timer.Each compartment can hold up to 1.5 cups of food, keeping it fresh for up to 36 hours. It is powered by 3 AAA batteries not included in the package, and also comes with a three-year warranty.
- It is quiet
- Easy to assemble
- Works for both wet and dry foods
- Good value for money
- Perfect for overnight food
- Batteries last for up to 12 months
- 3-year warranty
- Compartments are not very airtight
- The ice packs can go for only 12-15 hours
- Dim LCD screen
- Extra ice packs are quite expensive
Wopet dog cat feeder bowl with ice pack
This automatic cat feeder can hold up to 1.5 cups of food, feeding the cat one wet food meal every day or every two days. It features an inbuilt ice pack that can keep frozen food fresh for up to 48 hours, although 36 hors is recommended due to external factors. It also features a timer were a meal can be set for a maximum duration of 48 hours.
- Keeps food fresh for longer
- Easy to assemble and use
- Can be easily cleaned and is dishwasher safe
- Only one meal can be scheduled
- Not suitable for breaking meals
- During summer or hot weather, food may not last fresh for long
Feed and Go smart pet feeder
This is an automatic cat feeder that can connect to the internet and even comes with a webcam. It features six compartments that can each hold up to 1 cup of food, keeping frozen food fresh for up to 72 hours in 83 degrees of heat. Feeding times can be scheduled throughout the day. This feeder comes with a smart locking mechanism for those with cheeky cats.
- Easy to set up and use
- You can virtually monitor pets eating
- Can also work for small to medium-size dogs
- Airtight compartments keep wet food fresh for longer
- Sturdy build and smart lock mechanism ensures cats can’t break in
- Can work even without an internet connection
- Works for both wet and dry foods
- In case of power blackout or unplugging, it regains the schedule in less than 2 minutes after its powered back.
- One-year warranty
- Requires an internet connection for use away from home.
- No battery option backup in case the electricity goes off
- Poor quality webcam
- Average quality online user interface
- No inbuilt ice packs
- No mobile app
The Feed and Go smart pet feeder is no longer available in the market since the company paused operations.
We need to ensure that our pets get the best care, whether they are eating or travelling. That is the reason why we talked about tips for travelling with pets and also went ahead to review automatic cat feeders. You won’t regret following the information in this article.